We aim to dispatch all deliveries within 2 workings days of the order being placed.The Purchaser must provide a valid contact telephone number with voicemail for all delivery methods to be booked.
When you place your order, the website will automatically calculate the delivery charge applicable at checkout based on the total weight of each order.
For most orders we use a DPD courier service to ensure speedy delivery using a signed for all day service Monday - Friday. DPD use your contact telephone number/email as the primary contact for the courier to correspond with you where necessary.
Shipping/Pallet Delivery Conditions of Service.
Pallet orders will be shipped by our delivery partner Reasons Transport using a max 7.5t curtain side lorry with tail lift. You will be notified of despatch via email using the details you have provided at checkout and delivery is booked on a standard 2 working day service (weekday and all-day slot) unless requested otherwise. (See further details below) Please read Delivery Details page under the 'Help' tab at the top of the page.
Please note that some remote areas will require an extended delivery lead time of up to approx. 7 - 10 working days following despatch.
ALL pallet services are to kerb side only and Reason Transport are not able to accept ‘part’ receipt of deliveries and returns without prior arrangement and notification directly with The Gound Screw Centre.
Reason Transport and all Partner Depot remain responsible for the safe arrival of your goods to the kerbside and we work together to ensure that all deliveries are carried out in appropriate manner. In the unfortunate event that there are notable damages to the pallet, please call Reason Transport directly on 024 7644 1157 and they will handle any issues and are able to initiate the claim’s process for any damaged goods.
Please be aware that in the unfortunate instance where damage has occurred to your property, please contact Reason Transport directly. The Ground Screw Centre is not directly responsible in any way, nor in a position to intervene or reimburse you for any subsequent losses.
Any claim to your property or surroundings by the delivery company is classed as a Public Liability Claim and will be managed by Reason Transport. There may be instances when you are asked to communicate directly with the local delivery partner that was responsible for this incident.
This is in order that Reason Transport can process any claim for damages accordingly.
• Upon delivery, it is the customers responsibility to inspect the packaging and raise any concerns, where possible, at the time of delivery. The driver will be able to make notes and will ask you to sign to say you have received your goods. This is referred to as the ‘POD/Proof of Delivery’ the driver carries an electronic device to capture photographic evidence of the condition of the goods and make relevant notes at point of delivery. It may also be useful, if you are able to capture photographic evidence on a personal mobile device, for your own personal reassurance, in the event of any subsequent claim. Failure to do so will result is the Cast Iron Radiator Centre being unable to assist further without the necessary proof or information supplied.
• We must stress that a Pallet Delivery Service is always, kerbside only. The haulage company is under no obligation to remove items from the pallet and the drivers are not insured to assist you with any aspect of moving the goods from the kerbside. This is to remove any potential risk of personal injury or damage to your goods, or your property. We remind you that it is not in your interest to encourage a driver to assist you in any way that falls outside of his responsibility. If, in the event the driver does agree to assist you, we assume you accept full responsibility for any subsequent damage to any person, or property and by doing so you will void any right to make a subsequent Insurance claim.
The Purchaser must warn the Company if there is restricted access, soft or gravelled driveways. The minimum size vehicle used for pallet deliveries is a 7.5t lorry, but some orders are delivered using 18t lorries. Please ensure you request in the message box at checkout, if you require a 7.5t lorry for access.
• Please ensure you have required manpower to move the delivery to a safe area. Should the Company not be notified in advance of any restrictions in delivery access, or should the Purchaser or their representatives not be present to sign for the goods, the Company reserves the right to charge a re-delivery fee should re-delivery be necessary. Upgraded services e.g. Next Day delivery, timed delivery slots, A.M. or P.M. & Saturday deliveries, if available by your local depot, can be arranged for an additional charge to be paid direct to Reason Transport upon request. This will still be a kerb side only or nearest hard standing, service.
• Small items will be shipped either by courier or Royal Mail delivery. The Company will not be held responsible for any failure of the courier or Royal Mail to deliver within the specified period.
Acceptance of Deliveries.
• Please ensure that goods are unpacked when they are delivered and check them against the delivery note/receipt. Any damage/shortfalls must be reported to us immediately & noted on delivery documentation. The Company cannot be held responsible for any damage occurring after delivery.
Should any item requested by the Purchaser be on back order, the Company will endeavour to supply such goods as soon as possible; however, the Company will not be responsible for any delays in the delivery of goods or services, nor for any damages or loss caused to the Purchaser or other party as a consequence of this delay.
No responsibility can be accepted by the Company for any failure or delay in performance which is wholly or partially due to an Act of God, War, Fire, Explosion, Riot, Civil Commotion, Restriction by Government or other competent authority, Strikes, Lock Outs, Failure in Supplies, or to any cause whatsoever beyond its control.
This is my studio nearly finished due to the inclement weather.
This was put on 24 screws into a sandy shale sub soil.
Solid as anything even with all the rain.
7.2mtrs x 3.6mtrs with cedral cladding and plasterboard interior.
(7th May 2020)
Customer service was helpful, answering calls before I placed my order. I feel like if I had to install them again it would be easy after my first go. Seems to be working really well.
(26th April 2020)
Actually easier to screw into the ground than I thought. No mess or hassle compared to concrete. The Ground Screws are well manufactured and 'solid'. Quick delivery and support when asking questions about how many were needed.
(14th April 2020)
Dear Ground Screw Centre Team,
The aim with this small project was to construct an open boat shed clear of the ground (it was subject to flooding) using new and reused materials (from a previously dismantled boat shed) to house general boating equipment (oars, fenders, outboards etc).
After a lot of online research we selected these as they appeared to suit a particular set of requirements, namely:
I was very impressed; six screws were installed and levelled in a morning, and I was able to start the main build on the same day. Over the course of several weekends the build was completed and made ready for use. The attached images show a) one of the screws with post, beam and decking arrangement over, and b) the open deck with the re-used corrugated steel mono-pitch roof and open slat side-cladding (to the rear, the adjoining boundary fence and one side dense bamboo vegetation, the other side being open).
So useful is the shed we find ourselves using it for all sorts of other uses; log store, wood store and outside garden equipment included.
I hope this small intro and the accompanying images gives some idea of the ground-screws in use.
(27th October 2019)